Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Days

I know I have said this before, but I just love the weekends.  This past weekend started out pretty fun by going to Mama Carmen's coffee shop and Hobby Lobby with my friend Din.  We got supplies to make wreaths and this is how mine turned out.  I'm pretty pleased with it!


The night continued with a stay-in-Thai-takeout-movie-night.  I love nights like those.  Saturday morning we "slept in" until 7 and ventured off to the Farmer's Market!  It was a little frigid outside, so we parents had our coffees in hand and Emerson was decked out in his panda hat and mittens. 


We left the market with a baking pumpkin, apples, lettuce, and cherry tomatoes.  I'm not going to bore you with how amazing the lettuce was.  But, seriously, so good. and tender. and probably the best lettuce I've ever had.  Definitely going back to that lady.  I'm still trying to figure out what to make with my pumpkin.  It will be my first time making a pumpkin treat with a real pumpkin (not from a can). Then we went home for some play time.

Daddy picking Emerson up by his overalls!
That night we had some good friends over for reubens and fire pit s'more roastin'.  Sunday morning was a great day at church and a restful afternoon with naps all around.  It was the perfect kind of Sunday afternoon.  It even included pumpkin bread.  It was just a good weekend worth remembering.  I love the brisk fall days and the quality time with my family.  Feeling blessed.

ps- my little boy is 7 months old today! 

1 comment: