Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cuddle Bug

This past Sunday afternoon, Emerson woke up from his nap a little too early.  I thought he was ready to be up, but when he laid his head on my shoulder and returned to his siesta, I knew there was more sleeping to be done.  So I just came into the living room and laid on the couch and let the little boy sleep on me for about another 20 minutes.

Believe you me, I was soaking it up.  I just kept thinking about how he never does this anymore and could this be the last time he ever sleeps on my chest, like a tiny baby?  Ah... I just breathed him in and held his little body so close.  This little man stole my heart on day one and I don't think he's ever giving it back.  I love my little cuddle bug..


2 comments:

  1. I remember those days too with you girls. I miss them,....I mean you tried once when you older but.....j/k I curled up on my dad's lap till he just couldn't hold me anymore...high school, I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a "true" cuddle bug! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete