Saturday, February 4, 2012

Goodbye, January!

Hey friends!  I just thought I would pop in and give you a recent life update.  First, I am glad that January is over.  It was a particularly hard month for me (and our family) and we are welcoming February with open arms.  Caleb has worked really hard this month to get a giant project out the door, which meant parenthood fell more on me for the month (5 AM mornings til 7:30 bedtimes, whew!).  I've also learned I don't do well with less quality time with my husband.  I was so glad when hecame home yesterday for a long weekend!

This past week I caught a "bug", which sounds a lot friendlier than what I had.  Let's just say I was miserable and I am SO glad that it is gone.  But I was very blessed to have my mom come down and help and Caleb was a big help too, despite his crazy work schedule.  I was reminded how wonderful it is to have family close when you have young children.  Being sick is a lot harder when you have kids than it is when you aren't a mom.

Anyway, Monday night was supposed to be our first foster care meeting, so we had to miss.  I was so, so sad about this.  But I am hoping we can jump back on the train and proceed with the trainings.  Emerson is doing well.  Even though I passed my bug on to my sister, mother, nephew, and brother-in-law, Emerson managed not to get it.  Hallelujah!  He is becoming more and more confident in walking now, taking 5-6 steps at a time.

We are enjoying a family weekend this weekend, which started at 5 AM this morning (ugh!).  We made the best of it though, with breakfast at Rick's Bakery.  We almost beat the employees there!  It was Emerson's first experience eating at Rick's.  We shared our muffins with him and I think he was a fan.  He is a mooch with food these days and hovers around us when we eat.  He wants what we're having and has sometimes even been refusing his pureed food lately.

I am getting a well-deserved massage today and I cannot wait.  We will make it to church tomorrow (after three weeks of missing) and look forward to getting to some sort of normalcy in life.  Goodbye, January.  Glad to see ya go!  Hello, rest of the year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment