Friday, April 13, 2012

My boys

Today I am linking up with Kelly's Korner, so welcome visitors!  Today's topic is moms of all boys.  Really, though I only have one boy.  Unless you count my husband and dog.

When we found out we were pregnant (surprise!), I knew it was a girl.  Caleb knew it was a boy.  So much for maternal instincts.  It was a boy!  I grew up in a family of all girls, so I knew I had a lot to learn about little boys!  But I do have to say that my husband is such a godly, loving, strong man that I think he is perfect for the job of raising boys.  He will be a great example to Emerson (and any other future boys God blesses us with).

Now, so far I've learned that boys are rougher than girls.  Emerson just turned 1 in March.  He has a sweet spirit, but he is rough about it.  For example, he loves giving me kisses.  But he is totally aggressive about it and there is hair pulling and head banging involved sometimes.  He is also all about trucks, balls, and bugs right now.  The baby girls that we know in playgroup seem to be much more interested in other people and interacting with one another, while the boys just want to be active and all over the place the whole time.  It's fun to see their differences at such a young age.  I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg and I still have a ton to learn!

Counting my husband and dog, too, I am a little outnumbered.  But I love my family of boys.  Everyday I have such joy and gratitude that I get to have this little family.  I love seeing life through Emerson's eyes.  Don't you remember as a child feeling so full of life?!  That is Emerson.  So joyful when he wakes up.  So excited to start the day.  He gets so happy over the littlest things and I love getting to be the one to show him this beautiful world that God made.  God has been so good to us.



No comments:

Post a Comment