Monday, April 9, 2012

Top Reasons I Love Fayetteville

1.  The Community.  Fayetteville is one of those towns that offers a lot of community events.  The Farmer's Market.  Summer concerts.  First Thursdays.  You will often recognize some of the same people if you become a regular at these events. 

This past Saturday was just one of those good days.  We went to the first farmer's market of the season and it was PACKED.  Colorful flowers.  Yummy produce.  Dogs in little "adopt me" vests.  Great music.  Good friends. 




2.  Events.  From sports to Broadway musicals, this town has a lot to offer in entertainment.  We just went to a gymnastics meet last weekend too.  There were schools from California to Maryland.  Not many towns have such a wide variety of sporting events. 

3.  Parks and Rec.  The parks in Fayetteville are superb.  There is a biking/running trail in Fayetteville that is 15 miles long, not to mention all the trails at the individual parks.  This town definitely promotes an active lifestyle amongst its residents. 

4.  Scenery.  Our house is nestled between a couple of small "mountains".  I used to love taking Caleb to work when we only had one car because on the way home, I came over a giant hill to look into this valley far off and you could see the fog settled in the lowest parts, since it was early in the morning.  We also have forests and hiking trails not far from home. 

5.  My Friends and Church.  Last but definitely not least.  We have such a great community and support system here.  We are so blessed to have the genuine friends we have.  Our church, also, has such solid, biblical teaching and provides such a fantastic community.  We are thankful to be a part of UBC.

We are glad we aren't going anywhere anytime soon :)  Fayetteville is my Favorite-ville.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you...I was thinking of doing a post just like this! I still may do it eventually! Will miss you at BSF this week, I'll be out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just re-title this post to be "The top reasons I am going to miss Fayetown in 2 months"??? :(

    ReplyDelete