Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Foster Care Update

Hey friends!  I was just thinking about how I told you guys about our call to do foster care awhile back and then haven't been updating you on the journey so far!  Oops!  I really want you all to be a part of our journey.  We will definitely need prayers along the way, especially once we finally get a child! 

So, I went to an informational meeting at DHS back in February.  Since then we have filled out a bunch of paperwork, got fingerprints done, sent off for background checks, and a lady came to see our house and do a little more paperwork.

I was able to get in touch with the woman who is leading The Call and we are now registered to go to the July training.  There is a May training, but my sis is getting married one of the weekends, so it's a no go.  So, now, we have a few more things to mark off our checklist and then it's waiting for the training in July.  We volunteered at the Tommy House in West Fork, which houses a larger group of foster children, and I just felt assurance that this is what we are called to do.  There were three boys there, ranging from 8 to 13 and it was good getting to talk to them a little bit.  It eased my nerves a little about the age range we are planning on accepting (6-11ish).  So, that's an update for you!  Please keep us in your prayers as we try to obey what the Lord is calling us to do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to see this journey unfold for you guys! And so proud of you for doing it. :)

    Kait

    ReplyDelete