Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Little Bit of Life

I haven't been the best at posting pictures to the ol' blog lately.  So, this post will purely consist of pictures of life as of late.  These piano photos were taken at my in-laws' house.  This piano was made in 1901 and rumor has it, we get the piano when we get a house.  I'm so excited about this :)  Emerson, just practicing his scales. 



Our rose bush is in full bloom these days, so I've been trying to keep some fresh cut flowers in our house.  I gave Emerson a rose and this is immediately what happened.  That's a boy for ya!

He has been a ham lately.  In the picture below, he is using a foam piece (formerly a piece of packaging) to act like an elephant.  He was cracking us up.  After he saw that he got a reaction out of us, he proceeded to do it over and over.  

We've continued to play outside everyday and have enjoyed the cooler weather.  I took this picture to try to capture how dirty Emerson gets when he plays with his sidewalk chalk.  It's hard to tell though.  Basically, it was all over his clothes and face.  He looked like he had lipstick on.


We went to get ice cream tonight as a family.  Mostly because mommy needed to get out of the house.  This was the first time we've gone to get ice cream as a family :)  Emerson definitely loved the outing.  


Emerson keeps me on my toes, for sure.  The older he gets, the more I see his mischievous side.  To be honest, sometimes I miss the innocent baby phase.  So much of this age consists of discipline.  I have to remember that parenting is a marathon, not a sprint.  I am reading the book The Mission of Motherhood right now, which helps encourage me when I feel like all my work is unfruitful.  However, I am so grateful for each day I get to spend with my little boy.  He is one of the biggest joys in my life and he is growing up much faster than I would like. 

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing pics of him! :) He just makes me smile!!! Hope you all are doing great!!! Miss you three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss seeing him! I love the elephant picture - it cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete