Saturday, May 5, 2012

Makeovers and Salads

Hey folks!  Like the new look?  Thanks to my hubby, this blog got a total makeover :)  At Caleb's new job he is learning how to design websites, so he helped design this new look!  We still have a few edits to make, but his new skills definitely come in handy for me!  I intend to write more on his new job soon.  I'm overdue to update you all on that..  Also, the family photos we had taken were by Alison Herron.  I just wanted to make sure she received credit.  We are so pleased with the pictures and we highly recommend her to any of you! 

But tonight, I have to share with you this a-mazing new recipe we tried last night.  It is totally a do-againer (as we call them in our house).  Have you ever had a salad with warm dressing and toppings?  It might sound a little scary to you, but just try it.  You WILL not regret it, I tell ya.  Caleb and I were inhaling it.  This recipe came from my Country Living magazine.

Spinach Salad with Bacon and Roasted Mushrooms

Ingredients:

8 slices bacon, cut cross-wise into 1/4 inch pieces
4 C sliced mushrooms (about 8 oz)
1 red onion, cut into slices
3 T olive oil
2 T lime juice
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. salt
8 C spinach

1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Sprinkle bacon onto 2 baking pans.  Scatter mushrooms and onion over bacon.  Cook for 15-20 min, stirring halfway through.
2.  When the time is almost up, combine olive oil, lime juice, oregano, salt, and 2 tablespoons of water in a microwavable bowl.  Microwave for 30 seconds.
3.  Place spinach in a large bowl.  Sprinkle bacon mixture over spinach and drizzle warm dressing over salad.  Toss to combine.

Honestly, this is one of the best salads I've ever had.  And Caleb and I thought it felt heartier and more like a meal than many other salads.  Please, try it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment