Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Merry Little Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas break this year and enjoyed time with both sides of the family.  Emerson is at such a fun age and I loved seeing Christmas through his eyes.  I don't regret how our Christmas focus turned out, trying to focus on Jesus' birthday, yet enjoying cultural traditions as well.

Christmas day was spent at my parents' house and it is a family with an increasing amount of cousins.  This year there were 3 cousins (plus my 3 younger siblings) and next year we will add two more!  Christmas with little ones is so much fun :)  Santa visited on Christmas eve and Emerson was a little more interactive with him. 

Buds.






Emerson had the worst bedhead of his life on Christmas morning.

Enjoying his big present from us/Santa.
Even though we only gave Emerson 3 Christmas presents, he somehow still seemed to rake in the gifts.  So he has spent this week going from one present to another entertaining himself.  Somehow I don't have any pictures with my sweet niece, Callie, but I was basically the baby whisperer with her because she fell asleep in my arms like three times.  I just hope I have the same magic touch with Lyla :)   Or maybe Callie can teach Lyla her mad sleeping skills.

I don't have any pictures from our Christmas in KC because I need to get them from my father-in-law.  But we had a great time there and enjoyed time with our sweet niece Nolah, who is 6 months now and growing and learning so much.  Maybe I will post some of those pictures once I get them soon. 

We welcomed the New Year via sleep, though we do look forward to one day staying up until midnight again.  Maybe once we are empty nesters.  We are excited about 2013 and pray that God will be glorified in our hearts and minds and through our lives.  We didn't set very specific resolutions, but I guess have some sort of vision of how we want to live and grow this year.  Happy New Year, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment