Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sunny Days

We hit the four week mark today of having Miss M in our home.  I'm not sure if M has learned anything, but I have to say God has used this experience to humble me down to the ground.  Maybe I needed a lot of humbling or something, because God has taught me so many lessons the last month and I have pretty much realized that I am weak and human and have nothing to offer on my own.  When even an ounce of pride sneaks up, God is swift to remind me of my humanity and sinfulness.  I don't love perfectly.  I lose my temper sometimes.  I doubt God and have anxiety attacks and fear.  I am reminded of how weak my body is by this pregnancy.  I get stomach bugs.  I need the gospel daily.  The gospel is not just for lost people. 

Whew.  It kind of feels good though... to feel like I'm learning and remembering how much I need God.  And today I was reminded of how it's not even about me or my sanctification.  It's about redemption and declaring the gospel.  I am thankful that God still chooses to use us despite our weak, sinful natures.  I am really a useless vessel that can only be used or have something to offer when Christ is in me.  God is so gracious.

So, we had a shower for my little sis this past weekend.  She raked in tons of good stuff and little baby "E" is going to be set :)  I am so excited that Lyla will have 3 girl cousins that are the same age.  I'm sure we have lots of giggles, and tears, and drama headed our way!  Here is a picture I love of our bellies from the shower.

Ariel 35 wks, Amber 32 wks

Three sisters who will have three daughters the same age :)


We are also moving Emerson to a big boy bed this weekend, so I will keep you posted on how that goes.  Emerson has been a sleepyhead lately, sleeping until past 7 every morning and taking 2.5-3 hour naps every afternoon.  I am convinced it is a grace of God who knows I need rest.. lol.  I will try to do a post on Emerson soon, including a video of him singing if he lets me catch a good one, because this is one of his adorable new pastimes. 

This sunny day makes me have the itch for spring.  I am thinking I need to take down my remaining winter decorations since it feels like spring outside.  Oh, and next weekend, Caleb and I have a "weekend away" even though we are staying in Fayetteville for it.  Caleb's mom is going to watch the kids while we stay in a hotel and eat out and go to the movies, etc.  Feeling like I deserve a break makes it that much sweeter! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't always get the pleasure to read your blog but periodically it shows up on my home page. Your posts are a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss u and ur blogs bring so much to life!!

    ReplyDelete