Wednesday, July 20, 2011

try this on for size


Hello, friends!  I have not been as regular of a blogger as I would have liked this month, so I apologize for that!  I guess I will try to update you on a few of the bigger things going on.  I am excited right now because I'm starting a play group with other first time mommies!  I have recruited about 6 moms and 7 babies (due to twins).  We will start next week, so hopefully I will have some cute pics of all our lil babies!  It will be fun because the age range is very close (within 5 months from the oldest to the youngest).  If we continue to meet throughout the next few years then it will be fun since the kids will be so close in age!

On another note, I am starting to want another car.  When we were pregnant with Emerson, we had to sell our second car to help pay for him.  Having one car wasn't so bad for awhile because I could take Caleb to work/school and keep the car for the day.  Now that we have Emerson, I keep the car a few times a week and then let Caleb take it the other days.  However, I have learned that it is very difficult to wake a sleeping baby.  So if Emerson happens to be sleeping when it's time for Caleb to go in or time for us to pick him up, then I have to wake that sweet, sleeping baby and feel bad about it.  I have also learned that sometimes being cooped up in the house all day alone can get a little lonesome and boring for me and Emerson.  It will be better when it's not so hot out and we can go on more mid-day walks.  Most weeks I keep myself busy with friends, errands, and other activities.  But some days I really just wish I could get out when I don't have the car.  It will still be awhile before we get our second car.  

This is our financial plan:
1. Pay off the rest of student loans (we should reach this within the next few months)
2. Pay off a small loan we had for medical bills
3. Buy a car
4. Establish an emergency fund (Dave Ramsey style) that will provide for us for several months
5. Save for a house

So we won't end up getting a house for a few years, but we are content in our little duplex for awhile.

Finally, a little Emerson update.  He is just cute as ever.  Squeals a ton these days.  Really, really high pitched.  He loves to stand.  And he sleeps through the night now.  The other night he slept 12.5 hours.  He likes to go to bed early these days... I'm talkin' 6:30pm.  And he opens his mouth to give us kisses when we kiss him.  He will be 4 months old in 4 days and he will go get his shots tomorrow.  I will let you know his statistics (height/weight) when we find out!  Here are a few cute videos for your enjoyment.





1 comment:

  1. Hmm, you've got a solid financial plan. Did you get a second car already? If having two cars will help you guys, then it's really worth it. You just have to stick with the solid financial plans.

    ReplyDelete