Monday, July 11, 2011

Splish Splash

Emerson is getting very big these days, you guys.  He will have his four month appointment soon and I am eager to see how much he has grown!  We have kept pretty busy the last few weeks doing a little weekend traveling.  We went up to KC for a wedding on the 4th of July weekend.  And this past weekend we went camping in the 95 degree weather at Beaver Lake.  We managed to stay cool though in my parents' fancy schmancy new camper.  Emerson does great with traveling and still manages to sleep well when we are out of town.  He has been doing a few new things lately that I thought I would like to record. 

First, every once in awhile he will act shy.  If Caleb were holding him, for instance, and I smile at him he will sometimes get a goofy grin on his face and bury his face in Caleb's shoulder.  It is so funny, because I have no idea why he does it!  I didn't even know he was conscious enough of himself to be shy!  Anyway, it's kind of cute when he does it.

Second, Emerson loves to stand up, as I've already shared before.  He always is just lacking in the balance department.  But today, I wanted to see if he could stand on his own if I put his hands on the couch.  So I faced him towards the couch and draped his arms over the cushion and he stood without me touching him for 8 seconds!!  It was pretty crazy.  He just has really strong legs. 

Third, Emerson doesn't poop very much.  The last three poops have been very spaced out.  The most recent one was 12 days apart.  I called and spoke with a nurse and she said this was normal for breastfed babies, though 12 days was pushing it a little bit.  So, I guess I can just be thankful for not very many poopy diapers!

Fourth, Emerson has been experimenting with his vocal cords lately.  He now realizes that he can squeal very loud and very high.  He also likes to fluctuate his squeals (kind of vibrato-y).  Up, down, up, down... high, low, high, low.  And he loves it. 

Fifth, even more than talking lately, Emerson loves his hands.  They are always in his mouth and he is always slobbery.  He has his right hand permanently up in the air and he stares at it as if it is the most amazing thing on earth.  Then he will bring it to his mouth and suck on it for awhile. 

He has moved up to the 3-6 month clothing and I still continue to think he will never be this small again.  Today he slept in my arms and I just stared at him for awhile examining his face and enjoying his soft skin.  I just try to soak him up, because I know that in a few short months he will be all over the place.  I loved Emerson as a newborn when he was so dependent and desperate to eat and be swaddled and held.  But I love now how he has more reason to wake up each day than just to eat... he gets to interact with mommy and daddy and explore the world.  I know he will grow and age so fast and I will feel like he is just slipping out of my grip, because I want him to be small and mine forever. 

Here are a few pics from the past few weeks.  A lot of them are of us swimming (thus the title of this post). 

Great Grandma & Grandpa Jensen



Brody soakin' up the love
At Caleb's grandparents' pool

Family shot!
Ashley and Caeden at the lake
Just chillin'
Brody LOVES to swim :)
Sittin' in Nana's camper

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...he looks so grown-up since last time I saw him! Jesse has been doing the high-pitched squeal thing, too. Sometimes I squeal back at him and we have a little contest...I think he usually wins, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber your little man is just adorable!! He looks so much like both of you!! Nate & I just love seeing your updates :)

    ReplyDelete