Sunday, July 24, 2011

Boogie Down

I guess now that I'm a mom I love weekends mostly for the family time.  Yesterday was a perfect day which began with homemade lemon poppyseed scones and coffee.  I may share the recipe with you later, because they were a big hit!  It proceeded with a trip to the Lobby of Hobbies, which is always a treat.  We got our creative juices flowing and have a project we will be working on and I will blog about later.  Hint: it involves doorknobs.

Then we came home and enjoyed lunch and a relaxing nap.  When Emerson woke up, we tried out solids for the first time.  I got some oat cereal with banana flavoring, which should add some more motivation to eat it!  Overall, Emerson did a fine job.  A lot of it came back out, but I think some actually went down.  He did a good job of opening his mouth and even went towards the spoon in an effort to eat.  I think this is because everything goes into his mouth these days, so it is only natural to put a spoon in there also.  We got a video of it, but it would take forever to download so here is a pic.


Emerson began the feeding session a bit fussy but ended in a pretty good mood.  I think it made him feel like a big boy eating something other than milk.  Also, Emerson had a doctor's appointment for his 4 month the other day and he is a growing boy!  He was 25.25 in long (65%) and almost 15 pounds (55%).  It took him two weeks to have a poop this last time, so the doctor said introducing solids may help.

Anyway, after feeding Emerson yesterday we had some more play time which eventually turned into a family dance party with Ray Charles.  Here is  cute video of Emerson gettin' down.



The night ended with pizza and a movie.  I love my little family and I value the time I have with them :)  It's the small things that bring my heart joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment