Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Worry Wart

I have a confession.  Ever since I have become a mother, I find myself worrying for the safety of my little boy.  all. the. time.  First it was SIDS, then tornadoes (Joplin), then rare sicknesses (after following a blog about a sick baby boy), and now it's black widows (because we found two outside our house).  I'm telling you, everything is out to get Emerson!  I'm telling you that I have worried to the point of tears/being sick to my stomach.

I've learned that as a parent, you just want to protect your kids from anything bad ever happening to them.  However, I know that there is absolutely nothing I can do to protect him from every harmful thing.  It is out of my hands.  This is why I just have to trust the Lord.  God is Sovereign and if it is His will for Emerson to be on this earth, then He will protect him.  I am resolving to stop dwelling on all the bad things that could happen and just enjoy each day I have with him, trusting that I will probably have many years to come with this boy. 

I trust that if the Lord allows anything bad to happen to Emerson, it will teach him to depend on Christ, not himself or his mother.  The end.

1 comment: