Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

So, I don't want to be a downer or anything, but from the start of the summer I have been so ready for fall to get here!  I normally don't mind summer too much.  However, when you have a tiny baby whose baby skin doesn't need lots of sun, then you just don't get out much.  To be honest, I think summer is my least favorite season.  For those of you who don't know this about me, I love winter.  I love snow.  I love "the holidays".  And I love being all cozy and warm inside when it's freezing outside.  I love warm drinks, and coats, and the cheeriness all around.  The other day, Caleb and I pretended that it was so cold outside and we were warm inside our house.  It made me happy inside.  What a good husband to go along with such a silly idea :) 

We are halfway through summer and I am eager to see the leaves change colors!  The school supplies are stocked and the fall decorations are out at hobby lobby.  The end is near!  We have enjoyed a restful naptime this Sunday afternoon and little E has taken a 2 hour nap.  But I now hear him squealing through the monitor as he does so often these days.  So I must go retrieve him.  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment