Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Full Heart

This year, I feel that I have more to be thankful for than ever before.  God has been so good to me and by His grace He has blessed me with an amazing family that raised me in His ways.  He has blessed me with an incredible, godly husband who always encourages me and points me towards Christ.  And He has given me wonderful, genuine friendships that I know will last for years to come. 

The thing that's different about this  year is obviously that I have a child.  This is a new love that I am experiencing and it makes my heart feel so full.  Sometimes it feels like it might burst because it is so full!  I am so thankful for the ability to love.  And I am so thankful that God has placed so many people in my life that I can love so deeply. 

Sometimes I wonder if it is even possible for me to love more than I do now.  Will my heart get fuller and fuller with each child God gives us? 

I am so blessed with all that I have and sometimes I fear that God will take away what he has blessed me with.  But I was recently reminded that whatever God gives us (even salvation) or takes away from us (the loss of a loved one, a job, etc.) is ultimately given or taken away for His glory.  That is the reason for our existence. 

This Thanksgiving, keep in mind Second Corinthians 4:15,

"For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment