Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Highlight Reel

We were able to spend 4 days in Joplin with my family for Thanksgiving break.  I can already tell that Emerson loves going to Nana and Papa's house.  Which makes me happy because I have such fond memories of holidays at my grandparents' house growing up.  It is always craziness at my family's house.. a good kind of crazy.  Like kids running/wrestling, dogs barking, and adults talking loudly type of crazy.  That's just my family. 

Anyway, while I could probably share tons about our break, I will just share the highlights. 

Thursday consisted of eating a lot, spending quality time with the family, and playing our first annual family football game.  I feel like actually playing football taught me a lot about the game.  For instance, I learned what a line of scrimmage is.  I also learned what it means to rush.  It was so fun to try different plays and it was the best when the little kids got to do plays.  You know.. the famous run the wrong way plays.  I think us girls spent more time on the ground than anyone.  Just sayin'... my sister and cousin are aggressive.  I don't think they were really following the flag football guidelines.  We only ended up with a few bruises and lots of laughs.  Of course, with my little brother Asher present, we ended up singing the national anthem during half time (while saluting the windmill), and doing the "good game" five line afterwards.  I look forward to the many games to come.

Friday... oh, Black Friday.  I sat out on Black Friday this year.  Having a baby makes my sleep much more sacred.

Saturday we headed to Bass Pro in Springfield for our annual picture with Santa.  We have been going to this Bass Pro since 1996... that's 15 years.  Which makes me feel really old.  That is where the real Santa works, duh. 


My family is getting so big!  If we keep multiplying at this rate, we won't fit in the picture!  We are like a bunch of rabbits, I tell ya.

  

Now let me tell ya.  I have been trying to teach Emerson to clap his hands lately.  But he would never really partake voluntarily.  So, Emerson was riding this carousel after visiting Santa and all of a sudden, out of the blue, he claps his hands!  Since then he has done it several times.  It's pretty cute.  Apparently it takes something really exciting for Emerson to clap his hands for the first time ever :)

Sunday we went to church and drove back home to get settled for the start of a new week.  It was a great first Thanksgiving for Emerson and we have very much to be thankful for.  Have a blessed week, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Things I liked about this post...
    Picturing Asher singing the national anthem while y'all saluted the windmill.
    That you compared your family to rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, Dina, I was thinking the EXACT same thing!

    ReplyDelete